Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wedding fun

First big event in 2010: the marriage ceremony and reception of Mike & Brandy Williamson. It is interesting being on the outside of the wedding (ie not being the bride) but still being close enough to be involved and be helpful (ie being the sister of the bride). I arrived on Wednesday, got to fly business class (without realizing it....) but I got more space and food and free headphones which you don't get in the back. First time I've taken advantage of being a pilot's daughter since flying back from Ottawa in 2007. My dad picked me up and we got to spend a bit of quality time on the drive home and then with my mom once in Elora. It was a quick visit but nice to see them and have a good night's sleep before the festivities began. I got to drive the brand new jetta around as well. And on Thursday I headed down to Burlington for rehearsal dinner. I liked being able to help with small details like finding directions and fixing the chocolate bouquet (such a good idea for the toss). I even got to go on a little road trip with Brandy so she could vent a bit ;). We got to meet Mike's family and we had a couple meals with them and the wedding party (who were absolutely wonderful). Then on Friday Jason & I got to escape to go pick up the boys from their mom's. Josh met us at my parents where we spent the night (so that Jesse & Dean wouldn't be running around the morning of the wedding). The morning of the wedding we all arrived back at the house for pictures (it was still a little chaotic, the bride & moh were an hour late from the hairdressers! but luckily there was lots of extra time before the wedding) The wedding ceremony was beautiful. The boys actually walked down the aisle with no problems and Brandy was gorgeous. It was awesome: the time leading up to the wedding both bride and groom had on these nervous smile over the stressfulness, but as soon as Brandy was down the aisle they faded into genuine smiles and they didn't stop smiling the entire night. Everyone commented on Mike's ear-to-ear grin! We did outdoor pictures, Brandy in her cape :) Dinner was delicious, the speeches were entertaining and we had fun out on the dance floor. It was great seeing friends we hadn't seen in a while and doing some reminiscing of our own wedding. It was a lovely day! (and I'm probably going to have to be the sister of the bride twice more...)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha I'm glad you like weddings so much! hehe being stuck in one in 6 more months and all ;)

Love you
!