Monday, May 07, 2012

Sunny Days

We've been enjoying some much needed sunshine and warmer weather this week.  The last few days have been spent almost entirely outside.  Today I cleaned out the car while Evelyn played on the lawn.  She can climb up the hill at the front and likes picking up rocks and sticks (that's helpful since they need to be picked up and thrown onto the driveway so that they don't get run over by the lawn mower).  Yesterday she spent most of the afternoon/evening in the stroller.  We went for a walk down in Cap Rouge (on the St-Lawrence) with Oksana.  It was very busy (we just barely found a parking spot), but that meant were lots of people (and of course doggies) to see.  We even got ice cream :)  Then after dinner we did the big walk near our house (through the bush, construction site, subdivisions and finally to the park) with Caitlin, Jen and kids and dogs.  Evelyn loves going on the swings and watching the other kids play. We've definitely been soaking up the vitamin D.  We skyped with Jesse & Dean (Evey's cousins) on the weekend; it was great to see them & I think the cousins all got a kick out of one another.  Hopefully they'll be able to spend some time together in the summer.  Josh should be getting home tomorrow or Wednesday, so of course we're all looking forward to that.  I'm excited to see Evelyn's reaction; she loves looking at pictures of him and sometimes looks towards the door when we say "Daddy."  And I think he'll notice a big change in our big girl.  She's been standing alone more, and I know it's just days til she's going to take some steps without hanging on to something.  She's making lots more faces and giggles like crazy (especially at our neighbour Coralie).  Well that's all for us this week; I hope the weather has been as nice wherever you are!

Filling up the bucket

Looking for the birdies





Ready to go play in the sun

Everytime I have the camera she wants a close-up

No comments: