Monday, December 10, 2012

St Nick

Evelyn had a bit of a cold this week and Josh was very busy with work 'events' and got home late almost every day.  And I had been feeling better but was not so good on Wednesday (although I think it was maybe it was an actual illness or food poisoning & not pregnancy related).  Mostly, I'm just feeling tired and a little overwhelmed.  Anyways, I'm glad to be over with the week and to get closer to Christmas.
There were a couple high points:  Josh brought me french fries & candy cane hot chocolate one evening.  We celebrated St Nick on Thursday.  He was good to all of us; chocolate, licorice all sorts and a Mumford & Sons CD for me!  Evelyn's favourite thing was her new Winnie-the-Pooh toothbrush, but has also been enjoying elmo, little chocolates, and stickers.  Josh got peanuts, ferrero rochers, new shampoo & yummy cookies.  Evelyn's been putting up the pieces on our felt advent calendar.  Her favourite so far (surprise, surprise) has been the sheep, and she knows that after we do that she gets to open a window on her calendar from Oma.  She's so excited to see what the new picture is every day.
We went out for lunch yesterday with Patrick and down to check out the German Christmas Market downtown (it was too cold to really enjoy it, but nice to get out).  Other than that Josh and I have been organizing the kitchen (which seems to always need it...) and it feels good to get that done and to get rid of some things that we don't need.
Today we're getting lots of snow, Evey will have to get her sled out there!

Decorating with window clings, new favourite passtime :)

Opening her stocking

Elmo

Toothpaste to decorate with stickers

What else is in here?

Little Babushka :)

Showing off her teeth (now 15!)


No comments: