Sunday, May 11, 2008
it's the little things
Thursday afternoon I went to Barrie, I had come from my grandparents and had some time to kill before Josh got off work and I could go hang out with him & his friends. So after I got bored of the mall (pretty quickly, and didn't spend any actual money which was good) I headed to a big park in Barrie. I love Parks; they are the perfect places for time wasting. Hanover park has so many good memories, like when Josh, Kyle, and I drove there in september because we missed our 'days off' and we bought a fried chicken from the grocery store and ate it at one of the picnic tables. We played in the playground, and in others that year, it was a fun way to pass time even for highschoolers. During my split shifts at Bennetto when I wasn't in school, I would bring my towel and go suntan and read in bayfront park, it is so nice there near the water, just the right amount of breeze on a sunny day. And so much comfy grass and lots of trees. Okay anyways back to Thursday I was in Sunnidale park in Barrie reading my magazine in the 'tranquility garden' when a father came with his small son, his camera, and a bag of peanuts and sat at a bench nearby. The two of them would throw the peanuts and we'd watch the squirrels and chipmunks gather around and it was wonderful. The little boy who could barely walk was giggling away and having the time of his life. The father offered me some peanuts and I enjoyed the chipmunks as well [the squirrels are a little to big and try to come to close to me...] I hope that when I have kids that I will want to spend an afternoon feeding chipmunks at the park, just to see the smiles on their faces as they watch the scurrying. Little things mean so much. Take the time today to enjoy something simple that you might usually ignore. I know I will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment