Wednesday, May 21, 2008

mind taking off

I can't put my thoughts into words, but I still exist. I have to think about whether some of my writing should be posted on the internet; this is my journal, but I need something more private perhaps. It's intricate, there are so many facets that I cannot even begin to comprehend. My mind twists and turns and analyzes and discovers and there is always something more, or something I am missing. Will I ever know it all? Will knowing it all help? I feel helpless, but like I am not trying hard enough, hopeless, but like I am not reaching far enough. I can be cold and distant, sit back and take it all in. Is that a strength? Do I feel? Emotionless, but not dark. God is still working in me, love can radiate through me, but still... uninvolved? no, just contemplative, taking my time to work it out, to figure it out, to do what I can for those near & dear to me.

Maybe not from the sources
you have poured yours
maybe not from the directions
you are staring at,

Twist your head around
it's all around you
all is full of love
all around you,

All is full of love
you just aint receiving
all is full of love
your phone is off the hook
all is full of love
your doors are all shut
all is full of love!


So wash the mountains away
But this is where I'll stay
I'll be holdin' strong and steady
Cause I spent way too long
Running from the storm
Well not anymore
I am ready

I couldn't wait
To stand and show the world that I had
What it takes
Tried not to break
But I learned that fallin' down don't mean
You lose your way
Whatever is waiting I am ready

1 comment:

Niki Devereaux said...

did you write those poems??