If you haven't yet been introduced to Pinterest, beware. It is an online corkboard where you 'pin' up pretty pictures of things you like, whether that's places to travel, cute outfits to wear, or my personal problem, crafts, food, projects to make. There are so many cool ideas that people have posted on blogs or other websites that end up on pinterest and you can see at one glance whether this would be something you're interested in doing. Some are simple enough that you only need to see the picture to be able to replicate, others you have to follow a tutorial that can be very simple or rather complex. So far I have erred on the side of fairly simple but useful things. The first 'project' was for a baby shower for my fellow Ste-Catherinois ladies, Caitlin & Joanna. I made a (cute, if I do say so myself) blue punch that had rubber duckies floating on top (and bubbly sorbet); there were 2 duckies one for each baby (the first of which, Clara, was born on Friday!). I have no pictures of the punch, but I know that some were taken, so if I can get my hands on some I will add them later. Next thing was a very very handy weekly to do list. I hate having little pieces of paper with random things and lists written on them, I've tried having a central notebook (but i have no 'centre' to keep it) and until recently had been using microsoft onenote on the laptop. This worked fine, except when I'd go on the computer to check the next thing to be done, I'd often find time to procrastinate (...on Pinterest or other wonderful websites). So here is my version of the dry erase weekly calendar:
And my third (but surely not last) was an earring solution. I had a board covered with fabric where I hooked and attached earrings, which looked pretty but was incovenient and difficult to use, so much so that the earrings I actually wear all ended up in a pot on my bedside table instead of back where they belong... organization fail. Pinterest has lots of different ideas for earrings, chicken wire, lace, wire strung across a picture frame, but the one I thought would be easiest was a simple chain. But chain only works for hook earrings (as opposed to studs) so why not have 2 levels, a pretty ribbon tied to the chain for the studs, and the chain itself for the hooks. I bought the chain at home depot and had the ribbon in my scrapbook stuff. It's perfect and more importantly I actually use it.
There now I can see that all that Pinterest time is more than just internet procrastination :P It also has some really cool projects to do with Evey as she gets older. Can't wait! (And sorry no cute pics of her here today, but that is because the master album of Evelyn is coming soon to a facebook page near you!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment