I've been saying this all month, but the stairs to the basement are almost done. We keep coming across set-backs and having to do side jobs that we were hoping to put off but that have to be done before such and such. Eg: The bottom step will fit around the walls at the bottom, we hadn't yet drywalled there so that had to be done, one of those walls needed receptacles & a switch before being drywalled, so we had to start some wiring. But it's all getting done and I think we can still have the bedroom (which we couldn't finish til we did the stairs... this literally happens with every job) done by our deadline. We even bought the paint which is exciting. I can't wait to be able to set up the furniture and then get to work on Evey's room. It all involves some big decluttering and organizing which I'm pumped to do (especially the closet, armoire & under the bed in the current guest room). Josh has been working so hard almost every evening and it's wonderful to see how things are progressing (even though it might seem slow at times).
He finally got on a French course, it's one morning a week but he has to work through a couple units on his own time throughout the week. Hopefully it goes well for him and he'll be able to get his rating soon.
Evelyn & I got out of the house yesterday to go to the Aquagym (a really nice pool where they have a wade-in entrance and lots of watergames, and best of all it's free!). She has been practising back floats, kicking & putting her face in the water while in the tub so it was fun to have a bit more space to move around (although it was crazy busy, and she was overwhelmed and mostly just watched all the kids). We start swimming lessons again next Tues so that will give her some more practice. Plus Clara is in her class which I think will make it more fun :)
With our new TV we looked in to getting FibeTV (since we're already with Bell, and now have fibe internet). We liked that it had an à la carte set-up and we could get the channels we really wanted while paying less. We had theme packs which you can choose and get maybe 2 or 3 channels you want to watch but it comes with 6 others that you could care less about... and the other channels you want are in other theme packs. Unfortunately FibeTV isn't available here yet, so we were just going to leave it and weren't really missing out since we've been used to non HD and would switch to Fibe when it became available. About a week later (this past Thursday) I was reading again about the à la carte and found that we could actually get it with our receiver. So I gave Bell a call and had that all set up, we get more of what we want for about $10 less a month. Then I was noticing they were offering free HD PVR's to new customers; I've been a Bell customer for almost 10 years so thought they might give us one too. Lo and behold they did (because we have 3 bell services! Yay loyalty) They were able to come the very next morning to set it all up, and we don't even have to pay installation fees! Each time we called in the last week, the customer service representative was excellent. I don't know if Bell is really trying hard to lose their bad reputation regarding customer service or if we were just lucky, but I was very impressed. We are having fun recording shows (remember we taping to vhs or watching on the internet when we had to miss episodes) and enjoying movies without having to go rent them (we got channels like AMC and IFC and WMovies on top of the ones we usually watch). It's something we never really cared to get but now that we have it we are definitely enjoying it :D
I didn't take very many pictures this week, so you'll have to just imagine how cute Evey has been. She is still talking like crazy and learning many new words! She's helped me bake (and eat) chocolate chip cookies, loves to help clean with a little paper towel or 'scrubbie' and takes very good care of her baby & teddies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We miss you guys so much! It took me a bit of searching but I finally found your blog again. It was too bad we missed you over the holidays. We love seeing pictures of little Evie. Give me a call when you get a chance! xox
Post a Comment