Friday, September 27, 2013

Good times in ON

We had another good trip to the homeland, but I can't say that we're sorry it's the last one for a while.  It's been quite the busy summer and paternity leave and it all comes to an end on Sunday.  Nathalie is 5 months old and Josh is heading back to work for the first time since the day after her birth.  We're feeling overwhelmed because, although we did do a ton in the basement, we're not at the point we would have liked to have been.  Even with all our time and tears and sweat and even blood we still have a long way to go til the finish line.  We're grieving the summer that could have been while trying to appreciate the summer that was.  I just want to be able to put it behind us and move into a fabulous, relaxing autumn -much easier said than done.  Still taking all the prayers & good vibes we can get.  I'm hoping that going back to our normal lives will be able to quell the anxiety and stress that I've been feeling, but it's gonna take some work and lots of support.  
That said, we did really have a nice time visiting with my parents & grandparents in Elora, plus I got some trivia fix.  Celebrated our dear friends Ellen & Nick at their fabulous wedding (I'm hoping everybody will have forgotten it when I plan our 50th anniversary bash and steal all their ideas).  Cottaged with Sarah & Nathan, and then with Kyle & Jess.  The weather wasn't amazing but we actually did some swimming, boating, skiing, and kneeboarding.  Did one very rainy hike and a couple nicer walks in the bush.  Evelyn had so much fun just being able to be outside all the time and Nathalie likes the boat (way more than Evey did at that age).  And we got in many games of Rook.  
Thinking of you all getting back to your routines and such and hoping the sunshine sticks around for a while.

bundled up for the crisp weather

Nat's business meeting

Playing jump rope

Pleasant hike to Little Chandos

Fuzzy Wuzzy

Made it to the lookout

Family shot

Exploring the woods

This girl climbs everything

King of the castle

Nathalie's favourite hangout spot

Chillin' with Daddy

Blowing bubbles

Nathan gets in on the action

Discovering fungi on our hike

Only cottage girls can enjoy swimming in the lake at these temperatures

Driving the boat ;)

"Mommy, I swingin'|

Singing in the rain


No comments: